Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pictures from the July 13 Work Day

Thanks to all who came out for the meeting and work day yesterday!
In addition to the members, several mosquitoes attended the meeting. We have a new mosquito-repelling lantern, pictured in the foreground. We tested it during the meeting, and I noticed the mosquitoes stopped bothering me. If you use it, just please remember to turn it off. There's an on/off button towards the bottom.
We also discussed an upcoming bulb and bake sale, with a possible musical element. Stay tuned for details. Right now, the theme for this fall day is tentatively called "Bulbs, Bakery and Bluegrass."


We also have two new members! Please welcome Andrea (left) and Cynthia (right) as Summit Street Community Garden members!
The edges of the lawn were trimmed by Keith and Robey.
And Sondra fervently went to work on cutting up clippings for the compost.
As for me, I took photos! I couldn't stay for the entire work day, but I vow to return and attend to my neglected plot (above). The company that I worked for folded recently, and I thought this would finally give me time to achieve my dream of a completely weed-free path in every area of the garden. I think I'm going to take a break from my computer and spend a much-needed, therapeutic day in the garden this week.
Someone has a beautiful berry harvest.
The hydrangea looks nice and healthy, especially after all this rain. Fact: Nothing is sadder than a droopy hydrangea.
Gladiolas are so striking. I need to remember to plant some in my plot next year.
I love this study in reds at the entrance to the garden.
What's missing? It struck me, after taking this picture, that it's rare to find coneflowers without bees in them. The bumblebees must have been busy elsewhere.
Happy gardening!

1 comment:

  1. Hello.This article was extremely motivating, especially because I was searching for thoughts on this topic last Monday.
    los angeles birthday party venues

    ReplyDelete