Sunday, August 26, 2012

"A Weed Is Just a Plant Out of Place"

Garden path weeding in progress.

Weeding the garden path is actually my favorite garden maintenance chore. There's something therapeutic about it. Plus, I know that everything I'm pulling out is not supposed to be there. I'm not always the best judge of that. There were a few weeds that I kept in my plot, unsure of what they were, for way too long. And then there was a plant I almost pulled up because it looked kind of spiky and weedy, but it turned out to be a beautiful purple-flowered plant I forgot I planted last year.
Every time I'm weeding, I think of a saying a landscape designer once told me: "A weed is just a plant out of place."
Grasshopper, pre-relocation.
Sara stopped by, and while weeding, we found this grasshopper. I relocated him out of harm's way.
"Bob!? Where are you? He was here a minute ago!" Second grasshopper before relocation/reunion with first grasshopper.
And soon we discovered his pal. I assumed that he or she would be looking for his or her friend, so I relocated this one as well. Hopefully they were reunited.

1 comment:

  1. A BC Weed Pen is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to be able to enjoy any type of solid herbal material vaping on the go. This type of vaporizer or vape pen is for use with dry herbs, and is so compact that it can fit easily into any pocket. Many can even fit in the palm of your hand.

    ReplyDelete