Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Look at the Garden on August 26




Thanks to all of our hard work, I think the garden looks pretty great, if I do say so myself. I'm not sure what these butterflies are. Hopefully, they're beneficial. I did find some lawn grubs while I was weeding the path today.
Another photo of the butterfly. 




The formerly overflowing compost area looks great! Thanks to Sondra and other gardeners helping out with the compost!

After a few weeks of neglect, coupled with the hot weather and an insane sun-choking morning glory, pretty much everything in my plot died. But it looks OK from this angle, at least!
This nasturium pulled through in my plot.

I planted a few new flowers in my plot, just to add some color. I love these.


1 comment:

  1. Your garden is lovely and you did a good job on it because the butterfly is an indicator that you are taking care of your plants very well. I guess you have a green thumb that is why your plants and flowers are looking healthy. I admit that I don’t have a green thumb so I regularly call property maintenance in Perth to take care of my trees and flowers at the backyard.

    ReplyDelete